The most important reasons are below the surface and hence often overlooked:
- The vibe of the team. When a team is in a negative vibe, it isn’t ready for a change.
- The resistance that usually pops up, is not against change, but against the tensions that are created by the changes or against the already existing tensions that are brought to the surface by the project.
- The kind of leadership or facilitation. When tensions surface, it is not always easy to find the right balance between getting results and keeping relationships healthy.
These rather negative aspects are on one side of the spectrum.
On the other side there are teams that perform well, but still have a lot of unfulfilled potential. In other words, there is a nice atmosphere and people work together well. There is also the desire to grow as an individual or as a team to real high performers who develop themselves to their own benefit and that of the organization they work for.
The same three dimensions are at play:
- The vibe of the team can be increased till the inspiring level where everybody stimulates and supports one another in reaching their full potential.
- Tensions arise here as well. However, they are considered as “gifts for growth”. What is lacking: the tools to transform tensions into growth opportunities.
- Leading and facilitating those teams requires a good balance between strength and vulnerability. In other words, it requires Compassionate Leadership that focuses on equivalent relationships instead of hierarchical ones or (unconscious) parent-child or savior-victim relationships.
The Compassionate Leader & Facilitator Experience offers insights in those three dimensions plus techniques to transform the tensions. As a result, the vibe will increase.
The Compassionate Leader & Facilitator Experience offers a mix of surprising insights combined with practical tips and simple, but powerful techniques that the participants immediately learn to apply.
We work with a small group of 4 participants so we can dive into their daily situations and live cases.