Tension is seen by human beings as negative and undesirable. The most used strategy is to avoid it or push it away. But that doesn’t eliminate the root of the tension, causing that tension to reappear in one way or another.
The tension then usually finds a way out when in contact with other people. The connection becomes disrupted (pushing people away in some way or turning inwards which makes it hard for others to reach us). Sometimes this happens in a very clear way. However, most of the times it is very subtle. Usually, we are not aware of this, but what happens next is that others react in a negative way and tensions, arguments or conflicts emerge.
And since we are not aware of this process, we don’t have a clue where this comes from and we get a negative feeling about the other person!
This leads to:
- Decrease in happiness and well-being at work (and at home as well).
- Decrease in productivity, efficiency and effectivity.
- Missing out on opportunities that are presented by (positive) tensions.
The result are extra tensions which increase the risk of a further negative spiral.
What is needed to transform these tensions and discover new ideas and sustainable solutions, is a calm, compassionate attitude, together with the realization that the tension with another person usually points to another, underlying tension. However, that is not so easy when you are in the middle of the storm.
Hence the Compassionate Self Leadership workshop that offers the insights, tips, tools and techniques to change this.
During the workshop we use the framework of the D.U.E.T.© method and apply the appropriate tools and techniques for each step:
- Detect and face the tension.
- Understand and solve the tension.
- Embrace and transform the root of the tension.
- Take action.
Each time you apply the D.U.E.T.© method, you increase your compassion level. Since compassion is in fact the natural state of every human being, you could say you become more yourself. The consequence is that the more you apply the tools and the tips, the less you will need them in the future.
The tools and techniques you will learn are designed to support you doing most of the work without interacting with the people with whom you experienced tension (this is only an option in the last step). This ensures that the stress that is related to contact with them is not present, making it easier to explore the underlying motives and causes.
- Two-day workshop. There are two weeks in between to practice the insights and tips of the first day and discuss them on the second day.
- Participation fee includes lunch, drinks, snacks and course materials.
- Participation fee is 998 euro (excl. VAT)
If you want to participate, look in the calendar for the next dates.